Saturday, December 10, 2005

Jesus' Shopping Habits

A union asks, in its latest attack on Wal-Mart, "where would Jesus shop?"

Wal-Mart has benefited American consumers by saving them an estimated $263 billion dollars by 2004, has increased employment by 210,000, and has resulted in an increase of real buying power for Americans by .9%.

This is just another tired attempt of a union to "guilt" people into supporting them with their own hard-earned salaries. I'm sorry, but my salary is made by me, and should only be spent responsibly in support of my family and its needs. I will budget for my charities using forward thought, and will only support those charities in whom I have faith that the money will be spent wisely on purposes that I believe in. I do not count among my worthy charities Union members that have wasted more money in their lifetime than I have ever made.

So, I guess I don't know where Jesus would be shopping, but I can bet he would know and understand economics at least a wee bit better than the United Food and Commercial Worker's Union. And, if he shopped at Wal-Mart, maybe he'd save enough money to be able to buy these feeble-minded union members a book on basic economics.

No comments: