Sunday, December 18, 2005

Iraq Vote Leaves Dems Looking Like The Losers

From Mark Steyn:

Heigh-ho. The Iraq election's over, the media did their best to ignore it, and, judging from the rippling torsos I saw every time I switched on the TV, the press seem to reckon that that gay cowboy movie was the big geopolitical event of the last week, if not of all time. Yes, yes, I know: They're not, technically, cowboys, they're gay shepherds, but even Hollywood isn't crazy enough to think it can sell gay shepherds to the world. And the point is, even if I was in the mood for a story about two rugged insecure men who find themselves strangely attracted to each other in a dark transgressive relationship that breaks all the rules, who needs Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger when you've got Howard Dean and Abu Musad al-Zarqawi? Yee-haw!
I count myself among the majority in the conservative movement. I'm disappointed in George Bush socially and economically, but on the world stage of national security, this man is truly a great President. I read the vitriol at Koz and The DU, and I see anger and hate slurried together atop countless other layers of anger and hate. They have spent the past five years attacking conservatives and all things conservative and they still cannot spoil my mood.

It feels good to be right on the side of right. Some leftists might want to try it sometime.

(h/t Right Nation.)

No comments: