Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Cartoon Protests Continue

Just when I think that Muslims have reached an absolute apex of dumbness, some Muslim official somewhere utters a comment that even transcends their previous high-water mark of stupidity.

From Breitbart/AP comes this article on the continuing protests over cartoons. Nestled deeply in the article is this quote from Pakastani Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz:

"We cannot condone such insensitivities toward our beliefs and condemn it in the strongest way," he said at an Islamic conference. "Islam does not believe in the clash of civilization, rather it advocates harmony, coexistence, peace and compassion."
If this guy truly believes this statement then he needs to start speaking to people of his faith that are clearly on a different page. The Muslims in the street advocating the murder of all infidels are not promoting harmony, coexistence, peace and compassion.

Forgive me, but right now this infidel is finding it a bit difficult to hear the squeaky voice of some Muslim official in an obscure conference semi-advocating harmony over the cacaphony of world street riots, all shadowed by placards demanding my death and the death of my children.

I'm not certain that I'm any farther behind the Muslim learning curve than is the average Muslim, and I haven't even thrown rocks at anyone this week.

No comments: