Tuesday, July 03, 2007

This Blog

As I'm certain my former reader has noticed, I've been absent for some time. My time was spent on various perplexities and inconveniences. I am back with whatever fervor I can muster.

My absense was occasioned (indeed replete) with major events many of which are on the topics that I typically like to brood over. The mid-term elections, the immigration bill, the continuing stuggles of the auto industry, union labor, Iraq, Iran, etc. Do we even need to discuss the state of Michigan where big-labor and its Democrat enablers that have turned us into the economic laughingstock of the nation?

For those of you that have happened to venture here, I am a non-apologetic conservative with roots within the foundation of Conservatism, or (gasp) true liberalism. I am not going to embrace George Bush when he screws up, but will be happy to yield to his occasional wisdom when he gets one right. I voted for Bush in two election. I believe those were the proper votes because I believe George W. Bush is correct on the most important issue of our age--Islamic terrorism. I also support the President's position on the issue of taxes (lower), judges (constructionist), abortion (state-sponsored murder)and stem cells (adult vs. embryonic.) I respectibly believe Mr. Bush is wrong on immigration, his embrace of big government and the expansion of it, and his unyielding loyalty to those around him who have served him less than admirably. (I want to get one of those "Karl Rove is a Weenie" bumper stickers.)

I think that conservatives had a great opportunity to set the course for the next century when they wrested control of the house and senate from the Democrats in the 90s. They began their tunure with a bang and enacted economic and social policies that created an economic boom, a balanced budget, and a hope for tomorrow. Yet they squandered that opportunity when they yielded their vision to the narcotics of money and power. (Trent Lott and Tom DeLay are top-listed on that debacle.)

So, agree with me or criticize me, I can discourse with anyone. The words idiot and moron are pretty cheap on the blogosphere, though I do prefer moron. I will delete comments for thread-jacking or excessive trolling.

Going forward I want to make the blog more egocentric. "Ha!" says my reader, "it has always been about you!" In response I have to say that my blog has gotten too serious and has not been an accurate reflection of me. I will continue to lob political bombs when I see fit, but I will also be interjecting the occasional baseball post, fire Matt Millen posts, posts concerning the CMU Chippewas and Michigan Wolverines, the Red Wings (Scott Bertuzzi is a friggen traitor), and whatever else meets my fancy.

As I reach the end of this post I remind Mom to wake up and turn the computer off.

No comments: