Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Muslim Comes Forward

The cartoon controversy has done for my attitudes about Islam just about the same thing that a good old Klan rally does -- it sickens me. Of course, I recognize too that the cartoon riots weren't intended to draw me to Islam any more than a Grand Wizard in full regalia is intended to coax me to shave my head and buy jack boots.

I am disgusted with that vast majority of non-rioting Muslims that haven't been more outspoken against these riots and other jihadi acts of terror.

But, a consistent voice I've noticed over the past few months that has spoken out often and forcefully against violent Muslims. Take a minute or two to read The Rantings of A Sand Monkey.

One of my favorite quotes from today is contained within his response to Muslims that accuse him of being non-Muslim because of his opinions.

Or am I not a muslim just because I don’t agree with YOU and YOUR POINT OF VIEW on everything in regards to Islam and Muslims? Last I checked, there was only one Prophet, and you are not him, so shut the hell up and stop using this stupid argument! You are making yourself look like an idiot!
Spoken like a Muslim that I can respect.

No comments: