Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Giving in to Muslims

In yet another example of pandering to Muslim doofi, two UK financial institutions are ending the use of piggy banks as a way of promoting personal savings.

How long will it be before all businesses feel compelled to bend to this insanity? I'm not much of a militant myself, and as close as I've ever come to bombing something was an accidental exploding can of Coke at a golf outing. So, when I suggest action I'm not talking violence, but shouldn't something be said about this?

I think merchants need to understand that they serve all of us, and our (non-Muslim) sensibilities are every bit as important as a Muslim's. I wish that all the loyal customers of these banks would close their accounts and place their money in a bank that proudly encourages personal savings in a piggy bank.

In the grand scheme of things, the piggy bank is only symbolic and could be replaced with an elephant bank, an antelope bank or a broccoli bank for that matter, and nothing would be hurt. However, I'd rather make a stand on something like a piggy bank that really doesn't matter, rather than wait until all female patrons have to don a burka before getting service at the teller's window.

No comments: