Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Consequences

Republicans at this juncture are looking to take a huge beating come the first week of November. An unpopular president, a faltering economy, a lackluster presidential nominee, and an in the tank media are all part of the mix. Add to that the political oddity that has the minority party in the Senate having more seats on the line than the Democrats and it is pretty easy to predict a solid swing farther to the left. Things are so bad, in fact, that Al Franken, a man with serious personality flaws and tax evasion issues in as many states as I've ever visited, is competitive against Norm Coleman in Minnesota.

Fred Barnes at the Weekly Standard sums much of it up in his article Worst Case Scenario. In it he highlights only a few of the disastrous consequences that could be the result of an airtight liberal government.

h/t Power Line

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's never a good idea to have one party rule. 2000-2006 certainly was no exception. I do think we are due for a change in "leadership" (adios W. Lovely parting gifts include: phonetic dick-shun-ary, mini fountain featuring a prisoner being water-boarded, and a forehead tattoo of the national debt), but I also wish that at least one house of congress was in opposition. Too much single-minded thinking gets us in trouble.

G

Anonymous said...

to 'G': Based on your comment here and one in another Rougblog post of the "W" movie, I take it you are not a Bush 43 supporter.

I will grant you that he has been seemingly absent lately on the economic front, but I need to ask you - since 9/11, have you felt safe and secure in your home on American soil? I realize your liberal friends in the mass media have completely forgotten about that (or still blame Bush for the attack in the first place), but I shudder to think of how a Bill Clinton administration would have handled that crisis. And an Obama administration? Be afraid, my younger cuz. Be very afraid.

-coachlon

Roug said...

I've been pretty adamant about my disappointment with the Republicans when they held the House, Senate and the White House. They lost their principles.

They blew it.

Now they are paying the price.

If we give Bush parting gifts when he leaves, I think we should chip in on some door prizes for Obama when he arrives.

I'm thinking a copy of Marx's Manifesto would look good on the mantle next to an abortionist's forcips. For the good of the many!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm officially afraid.

Missed both of you at the funeral.

G