Thursday, May 08, 2008

Peres the Naive

To desire peace is commendable. To pursue it to the point of ignoring common sense, history, current events, and the sworn doctrine of your enemy makes you a fool.

Shimon Peres is that type of fool.

"Although in '98 everything seemed dark because of Rabin's murder, I believed we could still move the peace process ahead more quickly. I did not think we'd have so many problems. I believed the separation between the West Bank and Gaza would make things easier, not harder. I did not imagine that we would leave Gaza and they would fire Qassams from there; I did not imagine that Hamas would show so strongly in the elections.
This is astoundingly naive coming from a man having reached the lofty position of President in a country surrounded by terrorist savagery.

What news reports do you suppose he was watching for all those years?

This quote from an interview with Peres conducted by Haaretz.

h/t Dhimmi Watch

No comments: