Monday, February 11, 2008

Writer's Strike to End. Who Cares?

After the unfortunate baseball strike of the mid-90s when wise players took actions that ultimately led to the cancellation of the World Series, I went without watching another baseball game until 2006.

Not one inning of professional baseball.

I am reminded of this by word that the writer's strike might finally be ending. Could bullying writers have employed a worse tactic than this strike? What has the strike done other than prove to millions of people just how unimportant the craft of television writing really is?

I survived just fine when the strikers were picketing these past few months and I will continue to survive when they drag themselves back into their dimly lit sweat shops. Right now, however, I must admit that could not care less if they ever come back--although I reserve the right to potentially start caring about 2017.

No comments: