Thursday, May 25, 2006

Brave Liberal Dissenters

The buzz is loud and it is enveloping. It reaches me through television news, print news and over my beloved NPR.

The story goes like this--John McCain is asked to deliver a commencement address, but before he takes to the podium a brave college student, speaking first, pre-emptively attacks McCain in her own speech to the great approval of her audience.

Ann Coulter has a few choice comments about the glow of heroism now following around Jean Rohe, our sweet and oh-so-brave little coed. From Townhall:

We've always had to endure goody two-shoes apple-polishers -- kids with their hands always up, who turn in talkers when the teacher leaves the classroom and volunteer for extra work after school. But not until today's college liberals have we ever had to suffer the effrontery of the ass-kissers telling us: "I'm bad -- I clean erasers for teachers after class because I'm baaad."

I don't care what liberals think. I don't care that they're spineless suck-ups. Just don't insult my intelligence by telling me they're brave.

No comments: