Wednesday, May 24, 2006

9/11 Survey of Americans Reveals Sizable Suspicion of American Government

I was kindly instructed by my parents, grandparents, teachers and pastor to treat others with respect and kindness.

Now, I have to wonder if these people that I have loved and cherished so much, realized when giving me this instruction that nearly half the people we meet every day are complete idiots.

In the telephone survey of 1200 individuals, just 47% agreed that "the 9/11 attacks were thoroughly investigated and that any speculation about US government involvement is nonsense." Almost as many, 45%, indicated they were more likely to agree "that so many unanswered questions about 9/11 remain that Congress or an International Tribunal should re-investigate the attacks, including whether any US government officials consciously allowed or helped facilitate their success."
Am I to believe that our government, in its eagerness for war with Saddam Hussein killed 3,000 people, demolished the WTC towers, blew a hole in the Pentagon, and knocked an airliner out of the sky?

Good grief.

I suppose that kindness is still a good policy, but this respect thing is sounding a bit iffy.

From RawStory with a h/t to Protein Wisdom.

No comments: