Thursday, March 09, 2006

Lunchtime Confrontation

Two similar movies came to mind yesterday as I began eating lunch in Oscoda at the AuSable Inn.

I was sitting there about to enjoy my appetizer when I thought of “Aliens” and “Starship Troopers,” two movies not known for the kindling of hunger or the settling of consumed food.

But, crayfish were on the plate, and the little guys kept staring up at me with their beady eyes and holding their menacing pincers like I was the one on the menu. Armed with superior firepower and with my appetite to protect, I wasn’t about to let cambaridae cambarus get the best of me.

You know that there are times when diplomacy is not the answer.

1 comment:

stonehands said...

Me thinks you should consider three options:
a.) sign-up for some anger management,
b.) become a vegetarian, or,
c.) give up watching Sci-Fi flicks.

(Poor little crawdads.)