Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Do It For the Bandwidth (Or Why I think Netflix Sucks)

I have a Malwarebytes installed, AVG pop up blocker, the Firefox browser pop up blocker active, and also run Spybot on a weekly basis.

I do not like pop ups.

People, this is rural northern Michigan where dial-up is the norm, and when humming along at about 44 bps on a good connection I don't want to see the bandwidth I've purchased hijacked by jackasses who want me to accidentally click on their uninvited panderings.

This is why I will never, ever, ever, ever get a Netflix subscription. Those sociopathic solicitors have got to be the largest pop up purveyors on the tubes and it pisses me off. If I want a Netflix subscription I know how to get to their website, and I don't need to be reminded of it every day or so.

Now, since I don't subscribe to Netflix there isn't much I can do about this. Maybe those of you with subscriptions can tell them to knock it off or you will cancel your services.

Do it for the bandwidth (if not the children!)

No comments: