Sunday, July 29, 2007

Acts That Can Get You Thrown In Jail

Murder, assault, battery, theft, embezzlement, rape, mayhem and arson are all among the serious offenses which could get you arrested and tossed into jail.

Among the new activities to be added to this serious list of all-to-serious crimes is the act of throwing a very serious book into the toilet. Seriously. Little Green Footballs has the story.

NEW YORK (AP) _ A 23-year-old man was arrested Friday on hate-crime charges after he threw a Quran in a toilet at Pace University on two separate occasions, police said.

Stanislav Shmulevich of Brooklyn was arrested on charges of criminal mischief and aggravated harassment, both hate crimes, police said. It was unclear if he was a student at the school. A message left at the Shmulevich home was not immediately returned.
The whole story is at Newsday.

If I buy a book or it is given to me, it becomes mine. I can do with it what I want. If that makes me a jerk, so be it. Does that make me a criminal?

Just asking.

No comments: