Monday, October 10, 2005

A United Nations Power Grab

The UN is proposing that the United States give up control of the internet.

While I feel reasonably confident that no conservative would ever even consider such an action, I could see the likes of Jimmy Carter, Al Gore and John Kerry doing such a thing.

This is about as good a reason as any I can think of to keep conservatives in the White House. Lately, I'll admit, they've been sucking on immigration and spending, and, lets be honest, they fight like a bunch of girls. But Conservatives understand economics and liberals do not.

If the UN were to gain control over the internet we would see several things occur.

1) Taxation on transactions and communications would become the norm.
2) Internet access would become a tool of leverage to bend the will of nations, particularly Israel and the US.
3) The web would become just another Politically Correct venue where no speech would be tolerated that might make someone else uncomfortable--particularly as it relates to Muslims.
4) Life would suck.
5) I'd kill myself.

There are probably other reasons too, but football is on.

No comments: