Monday, June 01, 2009

I Speak For Myself: Murder is Murder

Carin bespeaks of her own irony. She is not alone.

In the comments I wrote:

No less ironic is the fact that it is the pro-late-term abortion crowd that is celebrating this event. Finally they have their evidence that the pro-life movement is filled with not only those who would gleefully outlaw freedom of choice, but it is the pro-lifers, symbolized by this one unbalanced maniac, that are the real murderers. They have always had their cause, and now they have their martyr.

I'm not buying any of that horseshit.

No one is better off with Tiller dead except, of course, the babies that will not have their heads pierced with a scissors at his hand. The rest of us pro-lifers will now have to deal with the din of excitable Andy and others pointing fingers and screaming "I told you so!"

Both sides of this debate have its share of crazies. A crazy of one just now took out a crazy of the other.

God is the ultimate judge here. Until I am promoted to deity I'll simply advocate that pro-lifers operate within the bounds of the law and that the murderer of Tiller should be subjected to the punishment allowed by Caesar.

It does not matter how many pro-life organizations come out and condemn this horrible act of violence, the murderer now speaks for the rest of us.

Now, how ironic is that?

1 comment:

stonehands said...

And I speak for myself: Murder IS Murder!