Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Butt-Ugly Basketball

In my sporadic observation of the NBA playoffs this year, I was struck with one undeniable observation: despite the participation of some of the best athletes on the planet, the NBA showcases butt-ugly basketball.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but basketball used to be a lot more fun for me to watch when there wasn't so much pushing and shoving, inconsistent officiating, carrying the ball, that woeful three point shot, and what seems to be ten different time outs in the last couple minutes.

Ugly? I haven't even gotten around to that whiny mug of Rasheed Wallace who acts like he has never once gotten a call in his favor during his long, complaint laden career.

Despite all of this, according to Dr. Melissa Clouthier, things might be even uglier than I imagined.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been saying the NBA is fixed since the Knicks "won" the first pick in the Ewing draft. And I agree with Dr. Melissa - it ain't just one guy; it starts at a higher level.
-Coachlon