Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The £4,000 Injury to Feelings

When I add up all the injuries and indignations that my tender feelings have suffered through over the years it is an absolute travesty that I'm not a millionaire by now.

Oh, to live in the UK where a hair salon owner has been ordered to pay a hijabbed hair stylist £4,000 for the insult of not hiring her. The award was to compensate the stylist for an "injury to feelings".

Said the salon owner:

"I never in a million years dreamt that somebody would be completely against the display of hair and be in this industry. I don't feel I deserve it."...
What industry would that be? The hair styling industry or the industry of perpetual victimization? My understanding is that the compensation package in the second one out paces that of the first.

No comments: