Thursday, April 20, 2006

Kitty Reflections

As animals go, I must admit, kitties are not my favorite. They are good at some things, such as catch and release programs with the local mice, and hitting the litter box a majority of the time. However, I think in retrospect, I'd much prefer an animal that eradicated the rodents entirely and crapped in the toilet (complete with flushing.)

But animals are what God made them, and who am I to second guess the All Mighty in his grand design to create purring mammals that I think suck. So, if I were to rate animals on a scale of 1 to 100, (100 being gold laying geese and 1 being blood-sucking lawyers) I'd put kitties at about 3.

Judging by her personality however, my kitty is clearly in the top half of all house cats, choosing to stay off the table and the couch, and for that I am proud. But, what does my opinion count? The mice give her an 89, and that is who she sleeps with.

No comments: