Wednesday, April 02, 2008

For Once I'm on Debbie Stabenow's Side

I am no fan of the Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow, and have criticized her repeatedly over the past couple of years for being wrong on nearly every issue concerning economics, employment and defense.

But on the most recent issue to grace the front page of the Detroit News, I am solidly on the side of the Senator, or will be, depending on what she decides to do with that cheating bum of a loser husband of hers. You know, Thomas Athans, the liberal co-founder of Democracy Radio and the man who once served as its CEO.

Perhaps no press conference will be forthcoming with Stabenow's husband because he holds no public office. In many ways this will make it worse on Stabenow because some will be looking to her, as the established politico, to respond, unlike the musical chair governors of New York who at least deserved the negative scrutiny their own wanton peccadilloes created.

I do hope though, for Senator Stabenow's sake, that Athans does get his moment in front of the camera.

And if he does, I hope Stabenow does not stand on any stage beside that philandering political creep if he makes an appearance. I do not want to see her nod in quiet agreement and fight back tears when he acknowledges that he did something wrong and is deeply sorry. I do not want to see Stabenow's sullen presence acknowledge that she understands his personal problem and supports his recovery from whatever evils haunt him. What I do hope that Debbie Stabenow does is let that worthless bastard stand on stage all by himself and explain how his carnal needs were allowed to transcend the needs of his family.

Call me judgmental.

I want to see him stammer all alone and bear the burden of his selfishness as an individual. In truth, I'd much rather see Debbie Stabenow knock that son of a bitch bloody with her purse than to see her ease his embarrassment one small portion. Let her accept his apology after the stitches have been pulled out of his swollen head.

I know, I know, this is a personal matter and the family will have to deal with it in the manner that they see fit, but the very least that that irresponsible and self-centered jerk deserves is a bloody lip and a black eye. And Debbie Stabenow, the wife, deserves the honor of giving it to him.

3 comments:

Jack McHugh said...

I'll second that.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with you, rougblogger!
-coachlon

RightMichigan.com said...

Yeppers. Third.

--Nick
www.RightMichigan.com